If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost Jeep Cherokee insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Anchorage. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and your credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get low prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Cherokee coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Sadly, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could save themselves nearly 47% a year, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
Getting quotes for affordable car insurance coverage in Anchorage is not as hard as you may think. Essentially every driver who needs more affordable car insurance will probably find a cheaper policy. Although Alaska consumers must comprehend how companies determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to compare Jeep Cherokee insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive to all the different Anchorage insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Jeep Cherokee insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy.
It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Alaska. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Anchorage
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Jeep Cherokee insurance.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, good student, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Esurance has discounts for online quote, claim free, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, and air bag.
If you need affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Anchorage. To locate insurers that offer some of these discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Anchorage
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Anchorage that can give you price quotes.
Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How long has their agency been open in Anchorage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Anchorage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you feel you receive good responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage. Keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel that you’re stuck with the auto insurance policy with no way out.
Smart Consumers Save Money
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates. Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Your address can impact price – Residing in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Never go without insurance – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Alaska department of motor vehicles.
Why do you need liability? – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Annual mileage impacts prices – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Cherokee is just wasting money.
Low credit rating equals high prices – An insured’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Jeep Cherokee by repairing your credit.
Claims cost money – If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Alaska generally give the best rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
More performance means higher prices – The type of car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on low performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
Insurance losses for a Jeep Cherokee – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Jeep vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Cherokee in Anchorage, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jeep Cherokee with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Jeep Cherokee but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Budget-friendly insurance in Anchorage can be found on the web and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
When getting Anchorage auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce Jeep Cherokee insurance prices online in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)