The most effective way to find low-cost Subaru Baja insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Anchorage.
First, read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true, most auto insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Alaska insurance shoppers could save almost $400 each year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive prices in Alaska
The following companies can provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. To get the best car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Subaru Baja insurance rates in Anchorage
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Baja is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings up to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Subaru may enable drivers to earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
Companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Anchorage.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Anchorage car insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Anchorage.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Anchorage can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are Anchorage independent agencies that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Safeco Insurance
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
- Alaska National Insurance Co
7001 Jewel Lake Rd – Anchorage, AK 99502 – (907) 248-2642 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes.
- Herb Schlereth – State Farm Insurance Agent
225 E Fireweed Ln #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-5548 – View Map
- Bill Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Gambell St – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-2424 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Roy Briley
1577 C St Ste 102 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 297-2900 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Anchorage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Anchorage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
After receiving good responses to all your questions and low cost Subaru Baja insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel coverage at any point so never feel you are locked into any specific agency for the full policy term.
Ratings for Anchorage car insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Anchorage. The ranking data in the lists below could help you choose which auto insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Subaru Baja.
Since many Alaska drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 50/100/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Baja caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Baja to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, pain medications, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/25 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Alaska state minimum liability requirements are 50/100/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Anchorage can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)