Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Anchorage? There isn’t anyone who is fond of buying insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in Alaska kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. American insurance shoppers can save as much as $850 each year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Anchorage
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Anchorage is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Alaska.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides additional tips to get low prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Optima Hybrid coverage is available in Anchorage. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Many car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute best price available on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Anchorage.
You need to compare prices yearly since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Anchorage on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Optima Hybrid insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you the best ways to find cheap insurance in Anchorage.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, you can use these tips to save money and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Anchorage is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
Finding a lower price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Alaska. To get cheap car insurance in Alaska, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Anchorage insurance discounts for a Kia Optima Hybrid
Car insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list very well, so the list below details both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Student in College – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Anchorage and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive lower premium rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring several vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount should help lower your policy cost.
Car insurance companies that have some of the above discounts include:
If you are trying to find affordable Anchorage car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Anchorage. To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Anchorage should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Anchorage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Anchorage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How long has their agency been in business in Anchorage?
If you want to use a local Anchorage insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Anchorage can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Anchorage exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Anchorage willing to provide price quotes.
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly service your insurance policy. But remember, you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any specific agency for a certain time period.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Kia Optima Hybrid?
- Is my Kia Optima Hybrid covered for flood damage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
City dwellers may pay more – Living in a rural area can save you money when talking about car insurance. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Never let your car insurance expire – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department.
What are your deductibles? – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Kia. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose represent how much money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Careless driving leads to higher costs – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Only having one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Single vs. married – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Premiums drop with age – Drivers with little experience have been known to be easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Kia Optima Hybrid historical loss data – Companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the loss history for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Alaska is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Optima Hybrid in Anchorage, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Optima Hybrid, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Alaska is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Cost effective Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Anchorage car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
As you quote Anchorage car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
Steps to buying low-cost Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Anchorage
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
- Read about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and a poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Alaska is located at the links below
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)