Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Alaska can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Anchorage is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Alaska. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, read about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on LS insurance in Anchorage. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
To get low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from many different Alaska insurance companies. The best method to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps you find more affordable rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Anchorage, AK. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to track driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including emergency road assistance, multi-car, good student, DriveSense, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- State Farm has savings for good student, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good driver, and passive restraint.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Anchorage car insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Anchorage who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Anchorage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Lincoln LS Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
With age comes responsibility – Older drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Low credit history equals high costs – Your credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Lincoln LS by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
Your vocation may affect premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like judges, social workers, and miners have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as scientists, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher rates – Attentive drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even one chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten multiple tickets like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce auto insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Premiums increase with policy add-ons – Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Rural areas have lower rates – Being located in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though Anchorage LS insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your LS has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects your Lincoln and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Alaska overpays more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Best auto insurance company in Anchorage
Picking the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Anchorage. The information below can help you choose which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
How much can you save?
When shopping online for car insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable car insurance in Anchorage is possible online and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)