Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will probably switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Anchorage is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop for insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
The preferred way to find lower priced Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Alaska.
- Learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
How to get affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Anchorage
Getting a cheaper price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a little time to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Anchorage car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Alaska. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Anchorage
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Range Rover can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower insurance rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free pay less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Anchorage may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate discounts include FullPay discount, farm vehicle, senior citizen, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide offers discounts including anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, good student, and defensive driving.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state. For a list of companies who offer online Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes in Anchorage, click here.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long has their agency been open in Anchorage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Anchorage?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Two types of Anchorage auto insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Amanda Juliussen – State Farm Insurance Agent
5600 Debarr Road Ste 140 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 333-4131 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: William R. McVitty
550 E Tudor Rd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-9690 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance Companies Agent
3900 Arctic Blvd #102 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-3188 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage who can help you get rate quotes.
- Denali Alaskan Insurance LLC
440 E 36th Ave #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 257-1625 – View Map
- Insurance Group Of Alaska
505 W Northern Lights Blvd #216 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 276-9600 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
Why you need Land Rover vehicle insurance in Alaska
Even though Anchorage Range Rover insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Land Rover Range Rover with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Land Rover at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, nursing services, EMT expenses and surgery. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Range Rover from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Range Rover in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/25 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Alaska requires drivers to carry at least 50/100/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Alaska drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (50/100/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When searching for cheaper Anchorage car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you many tips how you can compare Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Land Rover Range Rover insurance can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so get free Anchorage car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)