The most effective way to get cheaper Volvo S60 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Anchorage. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper S60 coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably move their business because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Anchorage is your ultimate goal, learning the best ways to find and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Anchorage is really quite easy. Nevertheless, Alaska drivers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
Four Things That Affect Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Volvo S60 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
High performance equals high costs – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Extra policy coverages may be wasting money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance loss data for a Volvo S60 – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Anchorage takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details including if you are currently licensed, the ages of drivers, whether you drive to work or school, and if the car is leased. The rating information gets sent immediately to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Anchorage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Anchorage, AK. To find the cheapest auto insurance in AK, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required in Alaska but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volvo, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volvo but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on your computer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current S60 insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, air bags, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-policy, payment discounts, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, and save driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, air bags, five-year accident-free, driver training, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
If you need inexpensive Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
If you want local Anchorage agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Anchorage are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Anchorage who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quote information.
Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
After you get positive responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage. Just understand that you can always cancel your policy at any point so don’t think that you are obligated to any specific company indefinitely.
More effort can pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
Cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Anchorage can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Anchorage auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce Volvo S60 insurance prices online in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)