It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared price quotes annually saved on average $70 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The most effective way to get budget Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Anchorage. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Anchorage Golf SportWagen insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen has a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Insurance Providers Determine Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Some insurers apply a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Volkswagen scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Lower population means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Obey driving laws and save – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Getting just one citation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with multiple violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Advanced alarm systems – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen need full coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- If my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Be persistent and save
Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Anchorage is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
You just read a lot of techniques to shop for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)