Shockingly, most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Anchorage consumers could save approximately $370 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Anchorage is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Alaska. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Prius Prime coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use identical coverages on every quote request and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Compare Anchorage Toyota Prius Prime insurance quotes online
To find cheaper rates, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from different Anchorage insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find cheaper rates consists of shopping online.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to local Anchorage insurance agencies. Quoting Toyota Prius Prime insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Alaska. If you wish to find the best car insurance in AK, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Alaska
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Prius Prime in Anchorage, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota Prius Prime, most lenders will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Toyota and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Alaska is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Take policy discounts and save on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Anchorage
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a slight reduction on a Anchorage auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower insurance rates.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Anchorage and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy premiums.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, good student, teen driver, pay in full, and business and professional.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, air bags, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online shopper, good driver, safety device, emergency road assistance, and online quote.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage.
Local Anchorage insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Anchorage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When finding local Anchorage agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Anchorage are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Anchorage willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you contact a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Anchorage that can give you rate quotes.
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my Toyota Prius Prime need full coverage?
Best auto insurance company in Anchorage
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurer can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Anchorage. The ranking information below can help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- GEICO – 89%
- The Hartford – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
What is YOUR best insurance company?
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Toyota Prius Prime insurance car insurance rates in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Anchorage auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Low-cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Anchorage is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)