If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Anchorage is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Alaska. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper B9 Tribeca coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s shocking but most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Anchorage can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates.
Earn discounts on Anchorage car insurance
Some providers don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Professional Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies that have most of the discounts above possibly include:
Double check with all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
The quickest way to compare rates for Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Anchorage is to understand almost all companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information including if you have an active license, how much school you completed, if a SR-22 is required, and what you do for a living. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to all major companies and they respond with quotes immediately.
To get price quotes for your Subaru B9 Tribeca now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies offer free quotes in Anchorage, AK. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Subaru B9 Tribeca Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Frequent insurance claims increase prices – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies in Alaska generally give cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Fewer miles means better prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your B9 Tribeca can result in significantly higher rates.
Safer cars means better prices – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
Car insurance rates and your employer – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like doctors, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel have higher rates than average attributed to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Credit score impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Subaru B9 Tribeca by improving your rating. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Liability insurance preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Only buy coverage you need – There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Maintain car insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Subaru B9 Tribeca?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Alaska?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Anchorage agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Anchorage that may be able to provide free insurance quotes.
- Associated Insurance Services
7125 Old Seward Hwy #203 – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 349-2229 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
- Randall Moss Insurance
2960 C St #200 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-6224 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Anchorage exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Stanley Tebow
8201 Old Seward Hwy a – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 344-3301 – View Map
- Herb Schlereth – State Farm Insurance Agent
225 E Fireweed Ln #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-5548 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Rodriguez
5001 Arctic Blvd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-0003 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Alaska?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Anchorage, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Subaru B9 Tribeca. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Alaska is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance car insurance rates in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Anchorage car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)