It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will probably buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Saturn Ion insurance in Anchorage is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on Saturn Ion insurance in Anchorage is to start comparing prices yearly from companies that sell auto insurance in Alaska. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional tips to find cheap rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Ion insurance. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Finding and comparing the best protection in Anchorage is not as time-consuming as you think. But Alaska car owners do need to understand how big insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more helps locate more affordable insurance. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
The following companies offer price quotes in Anchorage, AK. To buy cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Saturn Ion insurance discounts in Anchorage
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Ion insurance in Anchorage.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate companies with the best Saturn Ion insurance discounts in Anchorage in Anchorage, follow this link.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Saturn Ion but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Anchorage.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Anchorage who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Anchorage auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agents in Anchorage that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Randall Moss Insurance
2960 C St #200 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-6224 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly L. Snodgrass
9900 Old Seward Hwy #5 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 346-4006 – View Map
- Dave Strike – State Farm Insurance Agent
2213 E Tudor Rd #54 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2721 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stanley Tebow
8201 Old Seward Hwy a – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 344-3301 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Anchorage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?