If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Anchorage.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely switch car insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to find and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Anchorage is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Although Alaska consumers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Low Cost Pontiac insurance prices in Anchorage
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Informed Drivers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
Listed below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safer cars cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Pontiac scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Grand Prix insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies will give a small break shop Anchorage car insurance on the web.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-policy, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, distant student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, mature driver, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, air bags, good student, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, good student, new vehicle discount, safety features, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, safe driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, good student, and multi-policy.
If you need the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix rate quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Anchorage. If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Anchorage, click this link.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Shown below are agents in Anchorage that may be able to provide price quotes for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Anchorage.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Anchorage can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Anchorage, so you need to shop Anchorage car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Anchorage car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Anchorage car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)