It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that people who compared rates once a year saved approximately $850 each year compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Nissan Armada insurance is your goal, then having a good understanding how to compare auto insurance can save time and money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Nissan Armada insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Anchorage.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
To find low cost quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from different companies. The easiest way to compare insurance prices consists of shopping online.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to go to all the different Anchorage insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the extra assistance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Anchorage, AK, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get cheaper Nissan Armada insurance rates in Anchorage
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Anchorage Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Anchorage auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Armada auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need inexpensive Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state.
The table shown next covers different coverage prices for Nissan Armada models. Learning how car insurance prices are established can be useful when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Armada SE 2WD||$188||$280||$236||$14||$70||$788||$66|
|Armada SE 4WD||$188||$330||$236||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Armada Titanium 2WD||$188||$330||$236||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Armada Titanium 4WD||$188||$330||$236||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Armada Platinum 2WD||$188||$330||$236||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Armada Platinum 4WD||$208||$330||$236||$14||$70||$858||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease rates substantially.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Armada insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below compares Nissan Armada insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Armada claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Anchorage.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy insurance from a local Anchorage insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Anchorage can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Anchorage independent insurance agents that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Anchorage?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
Defend yourself with liability – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Do you know you’re credit history? – Credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Armada by improving your rating.
Keep insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Insurance companies in Alaska generally give most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Good drivers pay less – Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can impact Nissan Armada premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower deductibles cost more – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Nissan. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, vandalism, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
Prevent theft and reduce rates – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft.
With age comes responsibility – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
More miles driven equals more premium – The more you drive your Nissan each year the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Armada may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your vehicle rating shows the correct driver usage.
Nissan Armada claim data – Car insurance companies study historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Nissan Armada vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Armada 4dr 2WD||94||104||93||106||87|
|Nissan Armada 4dr 4WD||123||120||109||91||69|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best Armada insurance in Alaska is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Alaska but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Armada with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Nissan Armada insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about auto insurance in Alaska can be found at these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)