Are you doing reasearch to find more competitive Mercury Montego insurance in Anchorage? Expensive Mercury Montego insurance in Anchorage can sap your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Shopping your coverage around is recommended to tighten up your finances.
A recent insurance study revealed that most consumers in Alaska kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America can cut their rates by nearly 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online.
How to buy low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Anchorage
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Anchorage is to compare quotes annually from companies in Alaska.
First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover instructions to find cheap prices and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Montego coverage is available in Anchorage. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate on Mercury Montego insurance in Anchorage.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Anchorage can be easy if you know a few tricks. Smart shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to compare company rates from many companies at once.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable prices in Alaska
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. To find the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Rates
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Getting married brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers in Alaska tend to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a youthful driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Mercury Montego earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Alarm systems lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Prices and your address – Choosing to live in a rural area is a good thing when talking about car insurance. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents.
Lower-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Anchorage
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Montego insurance premium.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, alternative fuel, good student, bundle discounts, multi-car, mature driver, and business and professional.
- Esurance has discounts for emergency road assistance, online quote, paid-in-full, renters, DriveSense, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, military active duty, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- Allstate includes discounts for senior citizen, resident student, anti-theft, utility vehicle, teenSMART discount, farm vehicle, and good payer.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage. If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local Anchorage insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Anchorage that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Anchorage that are able to give comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is there a local claims center in Anchorage?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Alaska?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote more to save more
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce Mercury Montego insurance rates online in Anchorage. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper car insurance in Anchorage is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Anchorage
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Anchorage is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide car insurance in Alaska.
- It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)