If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Lincoln Mark LT insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Anchorage.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and bad credit can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more details to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Sadly, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Alaska drivers can save as much as $368 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will definitely be able to find better prices using these tips. Locating the best insurance company for you in Anchorage is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Although Alaska consumers need to learn the methods companies use to market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, AK
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. To get cheap car insurance in Anchorage, AK, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Mark LT can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Mark LT insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, multi-policy, membership and employees, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers may offer discounts for IntelliDrive, home ownership, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, continuous insurance, and student away at school.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, and accident prevention training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Anchorage. If you would like to see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Alaska, click here to view.
The Lincoln Mark LT Insurance Price Equation
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Lincoln. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger auto insurance companies will award a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Listed below are agents in Anchorage that may be willing to give price quote information for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Anchorage.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Best auto insurance in Anchorage
Choosing the right insurer can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Anchorage. The ranking information below may help you choose which providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- GEICO – 89%
- The Hartford – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Cheap insurance is out there
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Cheap Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Anchorage is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is available at these sites:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)