To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Lexus RC 200t insurance in Anchorage is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Alaska. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who shop for lower rates are likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $70 a month compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Anchorage is the reason you’re here, understanding how to compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Discount Anchorage car insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current RC 200t insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Anchorage, click here.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find a lower rate. Not every company does online Anchorage RC 200t insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Anchorage, AK. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Anchorage, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Getting married can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Know your credit rating – Credit history factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus RC 200t by improving your credit score. People with high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Insurance can be complex
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How long have they been in business?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
When researching local Anchorage agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Anchorage that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get comparison quotes.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Anchorage, car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your RC 200t are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We just presented many ways to shop for Lexus RC 200t insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)