It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who get price quotes annually are likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Anchorage is why you’re here, then learning about the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Anchorage. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to save money using the ideas presented in this article. Shopping for the best auto insurance coverage in Anchorage is quite easy. Although Alaska vehicle owners must know how companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Not every company allows you to get Anchorage LC 500 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Alaska. If you want cheap car insurance in Anchorage, AK, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current LC 500 insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Alaska, click here.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Lexus LC 500 Insurance Prices?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Advanced theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent vehicle theft.
Cheaper to insure females? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Filing car insurance claims can increase rates – Companies in Alaska award discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Your career may increase premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Anchorage who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Anchorage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
When searching for a good Anchorage insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Anchorage may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
- Herb Schlereth – State Farm Insurance Agent
225 E Fireweed Ln #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-5548 – View Map
- Art Dorsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
9191 Old Seward Hwy #6 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 522-1231 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stan Tebow
3701 E Tudor Rd Ste 105 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2645 – View Map
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
- Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
- Dewar Insurance Agency
205 E Benson Blvd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 258-8888 – View Map
- Alaska National Insurance Co
7001 Jewel Lake Rd – Anchorage, AK 99502 – (907) 248-2642 – View Map
How much can you save?
Cheaper car insurance in Anchorage can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for Lexus LC 500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)