Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of insureds in Alaska have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American insurance shoppers could save an average of up to $850 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The best way we recommend to save money on Lexus ES 300h insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Alaska. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on ES 300h insurance. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Anchorage is not rocket science. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Drivers just have to use the proper methods to buy insurance from multiple carriers.
Lower-cost Anchorage insurance quotes with discounts
Companies don’t list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Anchorage auto insurance on their website.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- American Family has savings for good student, accident-free, multi-vehicle, good driver, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, ease of repair, annual mileage, accident-free, type of vehicle, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, multi-car, good student, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Anchorage auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Anchorage, click this link.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most of the bigger providers participate in a system to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide details including what you do for a living, distance driven, the ages of drivers, and an estimate of your credit level. The data is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Alaska. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
The items below are some of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Women tend to take less risk – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Lower physical damage deductibles cost more – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Lexus ES 300h if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings.
Insurance loss probability for a Lexus ES 300h – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Lexus ES 300h vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus ES 300h Vehicles Specific Lexus Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus ES 300h Hybrid 4dr 138 80 186 79 89 89BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
If you want to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: William R. McVitty
550 E Tudor Rd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-9690 – View Map
- Lisa Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
8427 Laviento Dr #201 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 344-0506 – View Map
- State Farm: Amy Jones
111 W 6th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2060 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Anchorage independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
- Umialik Insurance Company
3301 C St #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 338-5445 – View Map
- Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
Why you need vehicle insurance in Alaska
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus ES 300h insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Alaska car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Anchorage. The ranking data below can help you decide which car insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
As you quote Anchorage auto insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper Lexus ES 300h insurance in Anchorage is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Anchorage auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)