It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Alaska could cut their rates by approximately $368 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to do a rate comparison.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Anchorage is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Alaska.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more information to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Low cost Anchorage Nissan GT-R insurance quotes
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Anchorage, AK. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Nissan GT-R insurance rates and statistics
The premium information displayed next outlines estimates of coverage costs for Nissan GT-R models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are formulated is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$394||$734||$302||$18||$90||$1,538||$128|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$394||$734||$302||$18||$90||$1,538||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in Anchorage location which can change coverage rates greatly.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can change Nissan GT-R insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums in Anchorage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan GT-R annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Insuring your Nissan GT-R just makes sense
Even though Anchorage GT-R insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
Never allow your policy to lapse – Going without insurance can be a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license.
Does your occupation raise your rates? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and medical professionals generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs like scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Lots of insurers give lower prices to policyholders that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still save money even if you insure with multiple companies
Credit score impacts premiums – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. People with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan GT-R by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut auto insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance loss data for Nissan GT-R vehicles – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the loss history for Nissan GT-R vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan GT-R 2dr 4WD||373||82||317|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Anchorage may earn a discount on your bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small discount on rates.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Anchorage car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Nissan GT-R insurance in Anchorage.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount shop Anchorage car insurance on the internet.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on GT-R insurance in Anchorage.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below compares Nissan GT-R car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To view providers who offer discounts in Alaska, follow this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Nissan GT-R is totaled?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local agents and car insurance
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Anchorage who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long has their agency been open in Anchorage?
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage who can help you get comparison quotes.
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Anchorage who can help you get rate quotes.
Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
How to find a good Anchorage car insurance company
Buying coverage from the right auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Anchorage. The ranking information displayed below can help you analyze which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
Cost effective Nissan GT-R insurance is available online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)