If you’re searching for more affordable insurance on the web, are you confused by the wide range of insurance choices that you can choose from? There are so many choices available that it can easily turn into hard work to find a cheaper company. Anchorage has many things to offer, but inflated insurance rates can make it hard to afford proper coverage amounts.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Alaska consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s smart to do price comparisons before your policy renews because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Anchorage a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine rates.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Single vs. married – Having a significant other actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Prices and job – Careers such as lawyers, executives, and emergency personnel usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Where you reside plays a part – Having an address in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Always keep your car insurance in place – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance losses for a Mitsubishi Mirage – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When quoting car insurance, remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Alaska. To locate cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Anchorage, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Alaska but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mitsubishi, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mitsubishi and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Anchorage car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Mirage can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To view insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Anchorage?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented many ways to find lower-cost Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Mitsubishi Mirage insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Anchorage can be bought from both online companies and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
How to buy discount Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Anchorage
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Anchorage is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Alaska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)