If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Infiniti I35 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell insurance in Anchorage.
- Read and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who compare rates once a year will probably switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A study discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Infiniti I35 insurance in Anchorage is your ultimate target, then understanding how to find companies and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, you can use these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Our goal is to tell you how auto insurance companies operate and how to save the most money. Smart shoppers just need to know how to shop their coverage around online.
Score discounts on Anchorage insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small discount on rates.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing over the internet.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current I35 insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new I35 can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Alaska, click here.
How to get affordable Infiniti I35 insurance in Anchorage, AK
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
What Determines Infiniti I35 Insurance Costs?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like where you live or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- Stay claim-free and lower rates – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Alaska give better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Accidents will cost you – Even one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Bad credit will cost you – Credit rating is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Infiniti I35 by improving your credit score.
- Rates and occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as military personnel, social workers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other professions such as scientists, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Less people means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies allow lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but buy from a local Anchorage insurance agent
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent. Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Anchorage who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Anchorage agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below are Anchorage independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Marsh Mc Lennan Agency
1031 W 4th Ave #400 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-5617 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
- Randall Moss Insurance
2960 C St #200 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-6224 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Anchorage that are able to give rate quotes.
- Dave Strike – State Farm Insurance Agent
2213 E Tudor Rd #54 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2721 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Katrina J. Cain
540 Karluk St – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2886 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stanley Tebow
8201 Old Seward Hwy a – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 344-3301 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Infiniti in Anchorage, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Infiniti has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Infiniti for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Infiniti I35 but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Alaska overpays more than $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote more to save more
There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Anchorage can be sourced from both online companies and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When getting Anchorage auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)