How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage? Finding cheaper insurance for a Ford Thunderbird in Alaska can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a better way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for your Ford and get the lowest possible price from Anchorage insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved on average $70 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Anchorage is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons as often as possible because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best quotes on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about Thunderbird insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to quit paying high car insurance rates in Anchorage.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Quoting and comparing affordable coverage in Anchorage is not as hard as you think. Drivers only have to learn the proper methods to shop from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Anchorage, AK. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheap rates on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with some car insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Thunderbird insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for annual mileage, age of vehicle, accident-free, multi-car, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, distant student, mature driver, switch companies, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paid in full, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, good student, teen driver discount, new move discount, newly married, new graduate, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, and drive less.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- USAA offers premium reductions for good student, military installation, safe driver, vehicle storage, annual mileage, multi-policy, and new vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Anchorage. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Good agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Anchorage who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Anchorage should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents in Anchorage can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can provide insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Roy Briley
1577 C St Ste 102 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 297-2900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Rodriguez
5001 Arctic Blvd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-0003 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Devery Prince Agency Team
401 E Fireweed Ln Ste 200 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 279-9000 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Anchorage independent agents that can give you rate quotes.
- J C Morris Insurance Services
4011 Arctic Blvd #105 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 272-2524 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
- Horace Mann Insurance Co
7926 Old Seward Hwy – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 561-1393 – View Map
After receiving acceptable answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is professional and can service your policy. But keep in mind you can always cancel a policy whenever you wish so don’t think you are locked into any specific company for the full term.
Quote more to save more
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Cheap Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage is possible both online in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not have online quoting and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to buying low-cost Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Ford Thunderbird insurance in Anchorage is to regularly compare prices from companies that sell auto insurance in Alaska. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)