How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more affordable auto insurance rates in Anchorage, AK? Anchorage consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Ford GT insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Anchorage agents.
Get discounts on Anchorage auto insurance
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain auto insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course in defensive driving may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
For a list of auto insurance companies with the best Ford GT insurance discounts in Anchorage in Alaska, click here.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most of the larger companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information like your credit rating estimate, any included safety features, the type of vehicles you drive, and how much coverage you want. The data is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford GT now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Alaska. To get cheaper car insurance in Anchorage, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
How You Can Control Ford GT Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The items below are some of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Never let your policy expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department.
- Getting married can lower rates – Being married actually saves money on your car insurance bill. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your GT policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Alaska?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my Ford GT qualify for pleasure use?
- What is the minimum liability in Alaska?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When to get advice from an agent
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will one accident increase rates?
The following are agents in Anchorage that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Ford GT insurance in Anchorage.
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Rodriguez
5001 Arctic Blvd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-0003 – View Map
- State Farm: Todd Jackson
1330 Huffman Rd Suite E – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 345-0214 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance Companies Agent
3900 Arctic Blvd #102 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-3188 – View Map
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford GT in Anchorage, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Ford GT but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Alaska is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Alaska auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a high-quality company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Alaska. The information shown below could help you pick which car insurance companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Quote often and quote early
Cost effective Ford GT insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Anchorage agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When searching for the cheapest Ford GT rate quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
How to quote cheaper Ford GT insurance in Anchorage
The most effective way to find discount car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)