Trying to find more affordable Tesla Model S insurance in Anchorage? Perplexed by the number of auto insurance sources in Anchorage? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Alaska consumers have so many sources to choose from that it can turn into hard work to find better prices for Tesla Model S insurance in Anchorage. Anchorage is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive auto insurance rates can make it hard for many residents to buy full coverage.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Anchorage consumers can cut their rates by up to $368 a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they switch to a new company.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices every six months because auto insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best premium rates on Tesla Model S insurance in Anchorage last year you may be paying too much now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Model S insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best techniques to put money back in your pocket.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. In essence, every vehicle owner who is required to buy car insurance will be able to reduce their rates. But Alaska car owners must know the methods companies use to price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering Tesla Model S insurance in Alaska
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Alaska. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance More Affordably
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Poor driving leads to higher rates – Having just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers with flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Cheaper rates by consolidating – Some insurers give a discount for people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Rates go up with performance – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
An active policy claims history can cost more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Alaska give most affordable rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Tesla Model S insurance loss probability – Companies analyze historical claim data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Tesla Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD||324||116||208||39||46||104|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD||333|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help lower rates on Tesla Model S insurance in Anchorage
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, pay in full, business and professional, mature driver, early shopping, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, seat belt use, air bags, membership and employees, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, renters, anti-theft, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-car.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, safe driver, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, passive restraint, and student away at school.
If you want inexpensive Anchorage car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Alaska, follow this link.
When to get advice from an agent
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What discounts might you be missing?
When finding a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Anchorage that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: William R. McVitty
550 E Tudor Rd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-9690 – View Map
- Stacey Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2203 W Dimond Blvd #100B – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 277-2233 – View Map
- State Farm: Todd Jackson
1330 Huffman Rd Suite E – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 345-0214 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Anchorage independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- The Wilson Agency
3000 A St #400 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-1616 – View Map
- Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
- Aurora Insurance Services – A Horace Mann Company
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Once you have received good responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any particular company for any length of time.
Alaska car insurance company ratings
Picking the best auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Alaska. The company ratings shown next could help you choose which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
What is the best insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my Tesla Model S qualify for pleasure use?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Tesla Model S insurance prices in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Steps to finding affordable Tesla Model S insurance in Anchorage
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Tesla Model S insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Alaska.
First, learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)