The best way we recommend to find affordable auto insurance rates in Anchorage is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Alaska. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in Alaska could cut their rates by 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Anchorage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need to know how to compare prices using one simple form.
Score discounts on Anchorage auto insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, and accident-free.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
If you are trying to find low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is surprisingly easy. You just have to invest a little time comparing free Anchorage auto insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting Lexus RC F insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the advice and guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Alaska. To find cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Anchorage.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When looking for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they operate. Anchorage agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Anchorage that may be able to give you price quotes.
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Affordable coverage is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost.
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for Lexus RC F insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
More information can be read below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)