We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $865 annually compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The most effective way to find lower priced Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Anchorage. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding and bad credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Be sure to place your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Best companies for affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Alaska
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Anchorage, AK. To get the best cheap car insurance in Anchorage, AK, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Dodge Ram 2500 coverage statistics
The premium table displayed next showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being able to understand how rates are formulated can aid in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$134||$242||$316||$18||$94||$804||$67|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$134||$278||$316||$18||$94||$840||$70|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$134||$278||$316||$18||$94||$840||$70|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$134||$278||$316||$18||$94||$840||$70|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$134||$278||$316||$18||$94||$840||$70|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$134||$278||$316||$18||$94||$840||$70|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$148||$242||$316||$18||$94||$818||$68|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$148||$278||$316||$18||$94||$854||$71|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$148||$278||$316||$18||$94||$854||$71|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$148||$242||$316||$18||$94||$818||$68|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$148||$242||$316||$18||$94||$818||$68|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$148||$314||$316||$18||$94||$890||$74|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$148||$314||$316||$18||$94||$890||$74|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$148||$242||$316||$18||$94||$818||$68|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$148||$242||$316||$18||$94||$818||$68|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$148||$242||$316||$18||$94||$818||$68|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$164||$278||$316||$18||$94||$870||$73|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$164||$278||$316||$18||$94||$870||$73|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$164||$278||$316||$18||$94||$870||$73|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$164||$278||$316||$18||$94||$870||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The information below compares Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- High coverage deductibles reduce costs – Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Avoid traffic tickets – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
More performance means higher costs – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Your location is a factor – Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Alaska cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Good credit saves on auto insurance – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Ram 2500 by improving your rating.
- Liability coverage – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- More mileage equals more premium – The higher the miles on your Dodge annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage. A policy that improperly rates your Ram 2500 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Take policy discounts and save on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Anchorage
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Anchorage auto insurance quote.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current Ram 2500 insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Anchorage auto insurance quotes online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can earn cheaper prices.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better car insurance rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage auto insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver Safety – Completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- No Claim Discounts – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates compared to bad drivers.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple autos, accident-free, multiple policy, driver’s education, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, military active duty, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bags, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, switch companies, teen driver, mature driver, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- USAA includes discounts for defensive driver, family discount, new vehicle, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not apply in Anchorage. To find car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Anchorage, click here.
Should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Anchorage that can give you free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Anchorage will have answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
After getting good answers to these questions as well as affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates in Anchorage quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurer that is reputable and can service your policy.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does my Dodge Ram 2500 qualify for pleasure use?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 rate quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper car insurance in Anchorage is attainable online and with local Anchorage insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)