The best way we recommend to get discount Hyundai Entourage insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Anchorage. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your target objective, then understanding the best ways to shop for car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Get discounts to get affordable Anchorage auto insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Anchorage is to understand car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as if it has an alarm system, your general credit rating, if you have an active license, and the year, make and model of vehicles. The data is automatically sent to all major companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Hyundai Entourage now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. To get cheaper auto insurance in Anchorage, AK, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Anchorage.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to companies in Anchorage that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
The different types of car insurance agents
When finding a local Anchorage insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you contact at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Anchorage who can help you get pricing information.
- Alaska National Insurance Co
7001 Jewel Lake Rd – Anchorage, AK 99502 – (907) 248-2642 – View Map
- Associated Insurance Services
7125 Old Seward Hwy #203 – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 349-2229 – View Map
- Aurora Insurance Services – A Horace Mann Company
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Anchorage exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Amy Jones
111 W 6th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2060 – View Map
- Tim Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
1417 W Northern Lights Blvd A – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-4000 – View Map
- State Farm: Todd Jackson
1330 Huffman Rd Suite E – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 345-0214 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Anchorage should know the answers to these questions.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
How much can you save?
We just presented many tips how you can save on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Anchorage. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)