How many times have you said it’s time to compare the cheapest Cadillac XLR insurance in Anchorage? Comparing Anchorage auto insurance quotes online could seem overwhelming if you’ve never compared online auto insurance quotes. Don’t let that bother you because comparing prices is actually very simple.
How to find better rates for Cadillac XLR insurance in Anchorage
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Cadillac XLR insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Anchorage. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and a poor credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of drivers in Alaska kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. U.S. insurance shoppers could cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best rates on Cadillac XLR insurance in Anchorage at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Don’t believe everything you read about XLR insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to lower your auto insurance premiums.
If you are already insured, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Our objective is to teach you a little about the best methods to compare rates and how to save the most money. Although Alaska vehicle owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Cadillac XLR insurance in Anchorage is to know the trick almost all companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details including if you have an active license, whether or not you need a SR-22, any included safety features, and marital status. That rating data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest Cadillac XLR insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Alaska. If you want cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cheap Cadillac XLR insurance in Anchorage
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data submission to track driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Cadillac XLR insurance in Anchorage.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be available in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is still important in Anchorage.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a local Anchorage insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Anchorage agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are Anchorage independent insurance agents that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
- Horace Mann Insurance Co
7926 Old Seward Hwy – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 561-1393 – View Map
- Dewar Insurance Agency
205 E Benson Blvd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 258-8888 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Anchorage that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: M. Diane Johnson
4045 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste 206 – Anchorage, AK 99508 – (907) 569-6900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stan Tebow
3701 E Tudor Rd Ste 105 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2645 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Katrina J. Cain
540 Karluk St – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2886 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Where are claims handled?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Cadillac XLR Insurance Prices Can Be Reduced
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Alaska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Save money by eliminating extra coverages – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are responsible for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Teenagers are high risk – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
- How credit score affects auto insurance costs – Credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. So if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Cadillac XLR by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Your employer may affect rates – Occupations such as military generals, airline pilots, and financial analysts tend to have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as actors, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce auto insurance rates – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Alaska
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Cadillac and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Alaska is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can find cheap coverage
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Anchorage is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
How to find more affordable Cadillac XLR insurance in Anchorage
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Cadillac XLR insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Anchorage.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Other learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)