Unbelievable but true, 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by $850 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in Anchorage is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Alaska. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to get cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Select a company
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Toyota Tundra insurance in Anchorage is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like your job, if the vehicle is leased, if your license is active, and the type of vehicles you drive. The rating information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Anchorage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Alaska. To find the best car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money on Toyota Tundra insurance in Anchorage with these car insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will lower the premium cost.
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Tundra insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for age of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-policy, professional/association, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, driver training, and seat belt use.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, multiple policy, good driver, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Anchorage.
Facts and figures for Toyota Tundra insurance
The coverage table shown below highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Tundra models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are determined is important for you to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$208||$292||$402||$24||$120||$1,046||$87|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$240||$354||$402||$24||$120||$1,140||$95|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$240||$354||$402||$24||$120||$1,140||$95|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$270||$354||$402||$24||$120||$1,170||$98|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$270||$354||$402||$24||$120||$1,170||$98|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$270||$354||$402||$24||$120||$1,170||$98|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$270||$418||$402||$24||$120||$1,234||$103|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$270||$418||$402||$24||$120||$1,234||$103|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$302||$418||$402||$24||$120||$1,266||$106|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$302||$418||$402||$24||$120||$1,266||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Toyota Tundra insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Good agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Anchorage that can provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Anchorage insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Anchorage who may be able to give you rate quotes.
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Anchorage exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Auto insurance can be complex
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Alaska minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Four factors that influence insurance costs
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
More stress means more cost – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like fire fighters, executives, and dentists have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Obey driving laws and save – Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Having just one ticket may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Toyota Tundra premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. It translates into being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Older people tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers are proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Toyota Tundra insurance loss statistics – Insurers analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Toyota Tundra vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD||88||105||96||63||75||94|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD||97||113||105||64||51||77|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD||95||131||90||85||84||107|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD||86||112||93||53||55||79|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD||93||115||69|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
You just read many ways to get a better price on Toyota Tundra insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Low-cost Toyota Tundra insurance in Anchorage can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Anchorage, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)