Comparing Anchorage auto insurance quotes online can be complicated if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used quoting online. Don’t let that bother you because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Regrettably, almost 70% of drivers in Alaska have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes online.
Shop Oldsmobile Alero insurance online
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from local Anchorage car insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Alaska. To locate cheap car insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance in Alaska serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Anchorage, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Alero, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Oldsmobile at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Oldsmobile. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Alaska is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Anchorage insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Alero insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from Anchorage attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
For a list of providers with discount rates in Anchorage, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local Anchorage insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
After completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Anchorage who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Anchorage are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
- Associated Insurance Services
7125 Old Seward Hwy #203 – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 349-2229 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are Anchorage exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ronald Samber
1731 Bragaw St – Anchorage, AK 99508 – (907) 333-4566 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ann T. Steck-Nale
1120 Huffman Rd, Ste A21 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 333-4411 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Rodriguez
5001 Arctic Blvd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-0003 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Anchorage, get answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does their agency support local causes in Anchorage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Alaska?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you receive positive feedback to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage at any time so never feel you are locked into any specific company with no way out.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Oldsmobile Alero?
- What is the ISO rating for a Oldsmobile Alero?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Alaska car insurance company ratings
Choosing the top car insurance company is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Anchorage. The company information shown below may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
There are still a few companies who may not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. The cheapest Oldsmobile Alero insurance in Anchorage can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Anchorage agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When you buy Anchorage auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
How to find better rates for Oldsmobile Alero insurance in Anchorage
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Anchorage is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Alaska.
- Take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Alero coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)