Pricey auto insurance in Anchorage can drain your savings and force you to tighten up your finances. Performing a price comparison is a great way to cut your insurance bill.
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of insureds have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Alaska drivers could save themselves almost $400 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
How to buy low-cost Isuzu Axiom insurance in Anchorage
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Anchorage.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more details to get better rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on Isuzu Axiom insurance in Anchorage at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about Axiom insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some great ideas on how to slash your auto insurance rates in Anchorage.
To find the cheapest Isuzu Axiom rate quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from insurance companies in your area. The best way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to drive around to and from local Anchorage insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the trained advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Anchorage, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Protect your Isuzu Axiom and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Isuzu in Anchorage, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Isuzu for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Isuzu Axiom but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Axiom greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Prices for men may be higher – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in fender benders at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of additional coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- What type of car do you drive? – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Driving citations drive up costs – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one citation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
- Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Anchorage drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Anchorage can help you save on car insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Anchorage, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Anchorage insurance agencies?
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Anchorage that can provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Anchorage can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are Anchorage independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
Car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Alaska. The company information in the next section may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced car insurance in Anchorage can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Anchorage, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Steps to buying cheaper Isuzu Axiom insurance in Anchorage
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers that sell auto insurance in Anchorage. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a substandard credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)