Unbelievably, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Anchorage consumers can save up to $400 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates online.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Chrysler Crossfire insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Anchorage. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to prevent high prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is that you use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Anchorage is much easier if you have a good place to start. Smart shoppers only need to know the tricks to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Finding a better price on car insurance can be relatively painless. All you need to do is take a few minutes getting comparison quotes to see which company has the cheapest Chrysler Crossfire rate quotes.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to all the different Anchorage insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities of a licensed agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Alaska. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Alaska
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Anchorage, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Older drivers save more – Beginning drivers in Alaska are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on insurance – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chrysler Crossfire by improving your rating.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Your deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Lots of insurance companies will award better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Lower rates by staying claim free – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Alaska provide the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Do you save by driving less? – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet shows annual mileage. Improper usage on your Crossfire is just wasting money.
- Performance affects insurance prices – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Get cheaper Chrysler Crossfire insurance rates in Anchorage
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anchorage Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Anchorage may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- No Claims – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Alaska, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Alaska?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage that can provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Anchorage should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is there a local claims center in Anchorage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Anchorage car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find a local Anchorage insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Anchorage agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand why they differ since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Anchorage that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Anchorage is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Anchorage agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can save on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)