The most effective way to get low-cost Chevy Avalanche insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Anchorage.
First, learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Avalanche insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Chevy Avalanche insurance is your objective, then understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Quoting and buying the cheapest protection in Anchorage is not that difficult. But Alaska vehicle owners should learn how insurance companies sell insurance online and use it to your advantage.
Best companies for low-cost Chevy Avalanche insurance in Alaska
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance statistics for a Chevy Avalanche
The rate table below highlights a range of insurance prices for Chevy Avalanche models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$190||$328||$412||$24||$124||$1,078||$90|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$190||$388||$412||$24||$124||$1,138||$95|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$190||$388||$412||$24||$124||$1,138||$95|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$190||$388||$412||$24||$124||$1,138||$95|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$210||$388||$412||$24||$124||$1,158||$97|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$210||$388||$412||$24||$124||$1,158||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in Anchorage location which can change premiums noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Anchorage
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Avalanche insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive guideline to delete full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Avalanche claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Anchorage?
Some insurance providers do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in safe driver may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- No Claims – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Avalanche insurance in Anchorage.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Avalanche insurance prices with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, anti-theft, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multi-policy, anti-theft, teen driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good student.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, safety device, multi-car, renters, good student, emergency road assistance, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be available everywhere. To locate car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Alaska, click here.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Anchorage insurance agency
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Anchorage that provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
If you need to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are Anchorage exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
- Stacey Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2203 W Dimond Blvd #100B – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 277-2233 – View Map
- Lisa Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
8427 Laviento Dr #201 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 344-0506 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are Anchorage independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Safeco Insurance
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
- Umialik Insurance Company
3301 C St #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 338-5445 – View Map
- Conrad-Houston Insurance
507 W Northern Lights Blvd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 276-7667 – View Map
If you get good answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember you are able to cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for the full term.
Frequent quotes can save
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Avalanche insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Low-cost Chevy Avalanche insurance in Anchorage is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Anchorage, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Anchorage, Alaska? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)