Shockingly, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Alaska consumers could save as much as 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
The preferred way to get low-cost Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Alaska. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for tips to help keep rates affordable and earn larger discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. This article will let you in on the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process You just need to use how to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rates to find the company with cheaper Anchorage auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Alaska. To buy cheaper car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Anchorage
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Anchorage auto insurance quote.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on your computer.
- Telematics Discount – Anchorage drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to analyze driving patterns remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, good student, federal employee, defensive driver, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- Travelers offers discounts for driver training, multi-car, continuous insurance, home ownership, good student, new car, and student away at school.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, drive less, anti-theft, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
Double check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Anchorage.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Chrysler Pacifica Insurance Prices?
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Traffic violations mean higher prices – Even a single driving citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If the Chrysler Pacifica earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of insurance companies will award discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare Chrysler Pacifica rates in Anchorage to make sure you are getting the best deal. It’s possible to still find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Save money by having high credit – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chrysler Pacifica if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
Getting quotes from local Anchorage auto insurance agents
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Anchorage should be willing to answer these questions.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How are claims handled?
- Does their agency support local causes in Anchorage?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can handle car insurance, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Charity Carmody
405 W Benson Blvd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 336-8800 – View Map
- Herb Schlereth – State Farm Insurance Agent
225 E Fireweed Ln #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-5548 – View Map
- Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage willing to provide rate quotes.
- Integrity Insurance Agency
1505 W 34th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (844) 878-0258 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
- Marsh Mc Lennan Agency
1031 W 4th Ave #400 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-5617 – View Map
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Alaska?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Budget-friendly insurance in Anchorage is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)