If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Anchorage.
- First, try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for information to keep prices down and find hidden discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average premium in Alaska being $1,200, drivers could save an average of approximately 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Best companies for affordable Chrysler Aspen insurance in Alaska
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, AK, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Their Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Gender and auto insurance prices – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
City traffic equals higher costs – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Always keep your policy in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Alaska department of motor vehicles.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most major insurance companies apply a discount to customers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage will provide protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
How do annual miles impact prices? – The more you drive your Chrysler in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating properly reflects the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your Aspen is throwing money out the window.
Discount Anchorage auto insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Anchorage car insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, multi-car, multi-policy, new move discount, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, accident-free, early bird, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, early shopping, alternative fuel, teen driver, business and professional, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, good student, and student away at school.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To find auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
Local Anchorage insurance agents and car insurance
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Insurance agent types
If you want a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Anchorage are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Anchorage that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance Companies Agent
3900 Arctic Blvd #102 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-3188 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ann T. Steck-Nale
1120 Huffman Rd, Ste A21 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 333-4411 – View Map
- Doug McCann – State Farm Insurance Agent
360 Boniface Pkwy, Ste B5 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 272-6442 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you rate quotes.
- Associated Insurance Services
7125 Old Seward Hwy #203 – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 349-2229 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
Compare but don’t skimp
Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Chrysler Aspen insurance in Anchorage is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
When shopping online for car insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce Chrysler Aspen insurance prices online in Anchorage. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Anchorage car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Anchorage car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)