Shockingly, most Alaska auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. U.S. drivers could save $850 every year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Anchorage.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Anchorage. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
How to compare Chevy Trax insurance quotes in Anchorage, AK
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Anchorage, AK. To find cheaper auto insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Anchorage Trax insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is required in Alaska but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Trax, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Chevy Trax but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Trax are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Chevy Trax Insurance
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The items below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Men pay higher prices – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
Drive less and save – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Trax is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating shows the correct usage.
Only buy add-on coverages you need – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Bad credit will cost you – A driver’s credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Trax if you improve your credit rating. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Chevy Trax insurance loss statistics – Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD||79|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD||81|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Trax insurance in Anchorage
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Trax insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help lower your overall bill.
Some companies that may include these money-saving discounts are:
If you want inexpensive Anchorage car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in Anchorage. If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Will my Chevy Trax be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Trax?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local agents and car insurance
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a local Anchorage insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Anchorage agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
- Marsh Mc Lennan Agency
1031 W 4th Ave #400 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-5617 – View Map
- Associated Insurance Services
7125 Old Seward Hwy #203 – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 349-2229 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Steve VanHorne – State Farm Insurance Agent
510 W Tudor Rd Ste 1 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-0000 – View Map
- Doug McCann – State Farm Insurance Agent
360 Boniface Pkwy, Ste B5 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 272-6442 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ann T. Steck-Nale
1120 Huffman Rd, Ste A21 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 333-4411 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Anchorage should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Upon getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask and the cheapest Chevrolet Trax insurance in Anchorage quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel that you are obligated to any specific agency indefinitely.
What is the best car insurance company in Alaska?
Picking the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Anchorage. The information shown below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Cheap insurance is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, high prices, lack of trust in their agent and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cost effective Chevy Trax insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about insurance in Alaska is located below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)