The best way we recommend to save on Chevy Cobalt insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that insure vehicles in Anchorage. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Read about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Cobalt coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
A study showed that nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. American insurance shoppers could save roughly 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Anchorage is much easier if you know where to start. Basically, everyone who compares rates for car insurance stands a good chance to find a lower-cost company. Although Alaska vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Cobalt insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Alaska. To get cheap car insurance in Anchorage, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The premium information below outlines a range of prices for Chevy Cobalt models. Having a better idea how premiums are figured can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,282||$107|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,282||$107|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$514||$460||$28||$138||$1,374||$115|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$514||$460||$28||$138||$1,374||$115|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,312||$109|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$514||$460||$28||$138||$1,404||$117|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$668||$460||$28||$138||$1,588||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can affect prices noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevy Cobalt insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Alaska. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no written rule to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Cobalt replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Cobalt insurance discounts
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below shows the difference between Chevy Cobalt annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
Check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered in Anchorage. To see a list of insurers with the best Chevy Cobalt insurance discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Alaska?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Anchorage that provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
If you are wanting to find local Anchorage agents, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage willing to provide price quotes.
One last note
When getting Anchorage car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered a lot of tips how to find cheap Chevy Cobalt insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Anchorage car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)