Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Alaska could save approximately $370 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they changed companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Anchorage is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Alaska.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and bad credit can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for tips to get lower rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different Anchorage insurance companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to physically go to different Anchorage agent offices. Comparing Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can price shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that more quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Anchorage
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Anchorage car insurance with certain companies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as opposed to frequent claim filers.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and federal employee.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, early bird, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in Anchorage. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Alaska, click here.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Anchorage, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Captiva Sport with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Alaska is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Anchorage.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Anchorage that can provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a company should depend on more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you get reasonable responses and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an provider that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.