To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Anchorage is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Alaska. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, it will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a low credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once received, store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved on average $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on Ford Freestyle insurance is your intention, then having some insight into how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing free Anchorage auto insurance quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Anchorage, AK. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Anchorage car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- Anchorage Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Anchorage auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help lower your policy cost.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for save driver, multi-car, early quote, multi-policy, new car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, youthful driver, early shopping, business and professional, good student, distant student, and pay in full.
- USAA has discounts for annual mileage, vehicle storage, military installation, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, newly retired, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask every company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policies in Anchorage. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Alaska, follow this link.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Your address can influence prices – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Filing car insurance claims can cost more – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Alaska give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of vehicle you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Get hitched and get better prices – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress employer? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and stock brokers generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as farmers, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Anchorage, get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How are claims handled?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Anchorage exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Stacey Roy – State Farm Insurance Agent
9220 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste A6 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 345-0505 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stanley Tebow
8201 Old Seward Hwy a – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 344-3301 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly L. Snodgrass
9900 Old Seward Hwy #5 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 346-4006 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage that can give you price quotes.
- Alaska National Insurance Co
7001 Jewel Lake Rd – Anchorage, AK 99502 – (907) 248-2642 – View Map
- Dewar Insurance Agency
205 E Benson Blvd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 258-8888 – View Map
- Aurora Insurance Services – A Horace Mann Company
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to shop for Ford Freestyle insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheap Ford Freestyle insurance in Anchorage is available on the web in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)