Are you searching for low-cost Chevy SS insurance in Anchorage? Frustrated by the crazy number of insurance companies available to you? Alaska consumers have such a large number of options that it can easily turn into a real hassle to lower your prices for Chevy SS insurance in Anchorage. If you live there, you know that Anchorage is an awesome place to live, but the high premiums for insurance makes it very hard to afford coverage.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of insurance customers in Alaska have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save an average of approximately 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Chevy SS insurance in Anchorage two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You can find a lot of information about SS insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some good information on how to lower your insurance premiums.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Anchorage
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rate level.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your SS can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Getting married equates to better rates – Being married may save some money on car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Bundle policies and save – Many insurers will give better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Prevent car insurance policy lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Traffic violations can increase costs – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Cut car insurance rates and deter theft – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
- Higher rates for high stress employers – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like military generals, social workers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher average rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like professors, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
Chevy SS insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy SS vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Low cost Chevy SS insurance prices in Anchorage
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Anchorage SS insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Anchorage, AK. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy SS insurance, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your SS has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Chevy SS insurance rates in Anchorage
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Anchorage attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on SS insurance in Anchorage.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Chevrolet SS insurance in Anchorage.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the premium cost.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, DriveSense, online quote, online shopper, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in Anchorage, click here to view.
Comparing rates from local Anchorage insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
When finding a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are Anchorage exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly L. Snodgrass
9900 Old Seward Hwy #5 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 346-4006 – View Map
- Tim Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
1417 W Northern Lights Blvd A – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-4000 – View Map
- Dave Strike – State Farm Insurance Agent
2213 E Tudor Rd #54 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2721 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
- Aurora Insurance Services – A Horace Mann Company
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
- Insurance Group Of Alaska
505 W Northern Lights Blvd #216 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 276-9600 – View Map
- Denali Alaskan Insurance LLC
440 E 36th Ave #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 257-1625 – View Map
You can find affordable coverage
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Anchorage is definitely available online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can find cheap Chevy SS insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding more affordable Chevy SS insurance in Anchorage
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Chevy SS insurance in Anchorage is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Alaska.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Anchorage, Alaska? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)