It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
- Step 1: Try to understand individual coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is that you use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who compare other rates will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around every year saved about $865 annually compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Anchorage is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these tips. But Alaska drivers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
How much does Suzuki Aerio insurance in Anchorage, Alaska cost?
When shopping for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Anchorage there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Alaska auto insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest Suzuki Aerio insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Alaska. To locate cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Anchorage
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow data collection to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Suzuki could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Aerio insurance in Anchorage.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, federal employee, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, paperless, mature driver, and company car.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, accident-free, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good driver, homeowner, good student, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, and online shopper.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, accident-free, good student, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Anchorage.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Suzuki Aerio in Anchorage, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Suzuki as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Can’t I compare prices from local Anchorage auto insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Anchorage agents, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes.
- Gary Annis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3330 C St #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1960 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ronald Samber
1731 Bragaw St – Anchorage, AK 99508 – (907) 333-4566 – View Map
- Art Dorsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
9191 Old Seward Hwy #6 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 522-1231 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Anchorage independent agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Umialik Insurance Company
3301 C St #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 338-5445 – View Map
- J C Morris Insurance Services
4011 Arctic Blvd #105 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 272-2524 – View Map
- Insurance Group Of Alaska
505 W Northern Lights Blvd #216 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 276-9600 – View Map