It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who compare rates once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates once a year saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Anchorage is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Alaska.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives information to find cheap prices and earn larger discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Companies offering Nissan Quest insurance in Anchorage
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Alaska. To find cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Earn discounts on Anchorage insurance
Some companies do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Anchorage auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Alaska, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Anchorage that provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Anchorage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Anchorage
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Roy Briley
1577 C St Ste 102 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 297-2900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ronald Samber
1731 Bragaw St – Anchorage, AK 99508 – (907) 333-4566 – View Map
- Stacey Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2203 W Dimond Blvd #100B – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 277-2233 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage willing to provide price quotes.
- Integrity Insurance Agency
1505 W 34th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (844) 878-0258 – View Map
- Denali Alaskan Insurance LLC
440 E 36th Ave #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 257-1625 – View Map
- J C Morris Insurance Services
4011 Arctic Blvd #105 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 272-2524 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance.
You can lower your car insurance rates
The cheapest Nissan Quest insurance in Anchorage is available on the web and with local Anchorage insurance agents, so get free Anchorage auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Nissan Quest insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)