Locating the cheapest insurance for a Mitsubishi i-MiEV in Alaska can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Mitsubishi and obtain the best price possible either online or from Anchorage insurance agents.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding and buying the most affordable car insurance coverage in Anchorage is not as difficult as people think. Shoppers just need to use the proper methods to shop for car insurance using one simple form.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Anchorage
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Anchorage can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Anchorage car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, theft prevention, good student, homeowners, and early bird.
- American Family has savings for air bags, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
If you need lower rates, check with every company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in Anchorage. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Anchorage, click here.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Anchorage is to understand most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details like marital status, which vehicles you own, driver ages, and if you are currently licensed. That rating data is then sent to all major companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Anchorage, AK. To get the best auto insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Mitsubishi i-MiEV Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
More performance means higher rates – The type of car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Small economy passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Raising deductibles lowers costs – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Gender and insurance coverage rates – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Higher rates for specific jobs – Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and miners generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs such as actors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Your credit score is important – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Mitsubishi i-MiEV by improving your rating.
Never allow your coverage to lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Driving citations inflate rates – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Comparing quotes from local Anchorage insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When finding a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Anchorage can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: William R. McVitty
550 E Tudor Rd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-9690 – View Map
- Randy Rhodes State Farm Insurance
5915 Lake Otis Pkwy Suite 2 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 644-7997 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Babette Miller
3304 Spenard Rd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-7671 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Anchorage willing to provide price quotes.
- Integrity Insurance Agency
1505 W 34th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (844) 878-0258 – View Map
- Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
- Aurora Insurance Services – A Horace Mann Company
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your Mitsubishi i-MiEV
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mitsubishi i-MiEV with a loan, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Alaska is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Affordable Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Anchorage is available on the web and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance rates in Anchorage. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
How to find more affordable Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Anchorage
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Anchorage is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Alaska.
First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)