It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable Kia Soul insurance in Anchorage is your objective, then learning a little about how to shop for car insurance can save time and money.
The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Anchorage is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Alaska. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Soul insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Anchorage auto insurance quotes online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Anchorage auto insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the difference between Kia Soul auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, air bags, and early bird.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, federal employee, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, driver training, student driver, early bird, teen driver, good student, and homeowners.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
If you need affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage. To find insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Car insurance data for a Kia Soul
The rate information displayed next covers a range of coverage costs for Kia Soul models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are figured can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in Anchorage location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Kia Soul insurance prices for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What happens if I owe more than my Kia Soul is worth?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Kia Soul to commute?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Don’t I need to talk to an agent?
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Anchorage, get answers to these questions.
- Which family members are covered?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Upon getting positive responses to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an provider that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that you can always terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
Car insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality insurer is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Alaska. The company ratings displayed below may help you select which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Cheap coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Anchorage is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Anchorage auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)