Are you regretting the purchase of an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Anchorage consumers are in the same pinch.
Astonishing but true, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in Anchorage could save $370 every year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Steps to buying low-cost Dodge Journey insurance in Anchorage
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Dodge Journey insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in Anchorage.
- Gain an understanding of car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Journey coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
With so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s difficult to locate the best insurance company.
It’s a good idea to do price comparisons at least once a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best quotes on Dodge Journey insurance in Anchorage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
When comparing insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find a better price.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Alaska. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Anchorage, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Journey insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below compares Dodge Journey auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies who may offer these discounts are:
If you need affordable Dodge Journey insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
Statistics and details
The price information shown next highlights estimates of prices for Dodge Journey models. Learning how insurance quotes are determined is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$148||$184||$356||$22||$106||$816||$68|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$148||$222||$356||$22||$106||$854||$71|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$168||$222||$356||$22||$106||$874||$73|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$168||$222||$356||$22||$106||$874||$73|
|Journey SXT AWD||$168||$222||$356||$22||$106||$874||$73|
|Journey R/T AWD||$168||$262||$356||$22||$106||$914||$76|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$168||$262||$356||$22||$106||$914||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific Anchorage garaging location which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Dodge Journey insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Journey premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Journey auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Journey replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.