It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Anchorage.
- Read and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Z4 coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to go online and compare rates.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Combine policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurers will give discounts to buyers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still find better rates by buying from different companies
- Your address can modify rates – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Occupation can influence rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as military generals, executives, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. Other professions such as professors, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having just one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents influence BMW Z4 insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Does insurance coverage cost more for males? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The diagram below shows the difference between BMW Z4 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The type of vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following data is based on a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares BMW Z4 rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
- Add-on coverages can add up – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can add up when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Insurance loss probability for a BMW Z4 – Insurance companies study historical loss data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for BMW Z4 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
BMW Z4 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW Z4 Convertible 131 67 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Free Anchorage BMW Z4 insurance quotes
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Alaska. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The coverage table displayed below showcases different rate quotes for BMW Z4 models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Z4 3.0I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$184||$380||$242||$14||$72||$892||$74|
|Z4 3.5I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$184||$380||$242||$14||$72||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Anchorage which can impact coverage prices significantly.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Anchorage, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your BMW Z4 and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discount Anchorage auto insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Student in College – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Anchorage without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Anchorage drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Paperwork-free – Many auto insurance companies will give a small break shop Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of BMW Z4 yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, good student, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
If you need low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view providers with the best BMW Z4 insurance discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Anchorage insurance agency
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in Anchorage who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Below are agents in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes for BMW Z4 insurance in Anchorage.
- Dave Strike – State Farm Insurance Agent
2213 E Tudor Rd #54 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2721 – View Map
- State Farm: Todd Jackson
1330 Huffman Rd Suite E – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 345-0214 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Babette Miller
3304 Spenard Rd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-7671 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stanley Tebow
8201 Old Seward Hwy a – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 344-3301 – View Map
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How are claims handled?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Alaska auto insurance companies
Choosing the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Alaska. The company ratings displayed below can help you decide which insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What is glass protection for?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
In the end, you can save money
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on BMW Z4 insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When searching for the cheapest BMW Z4 rate quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.