The best way to get discount BMW M2 insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Alaska.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more details to get better rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Shockingly, the vast majority of insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Alaska consumers can save roughly $370 each year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your BMW M2 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop car theft.
Credit score impact car insurance costs – Credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your BMW M2 by repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Big cities mean more claims – Being located in areas with lower population has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Vocation can influence rates – Occupations like fire fighters, social workers, and accountants generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Other occupations like actors, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
BMW M2 insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for BMW M2 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW M235 i 2dr||155||277|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best car insurance in Alaska
Selecting the best insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Alaska. The company rank data in the next section can help you choose which insurers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare BMW M2 insurance rates in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Anchorage can be bought both online in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)