How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest Mitsubishi Diamante insurance in Anchorage? Do you get exhausted from scraping the payment together to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as many other consumers in Alaska.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of Alaska insurance customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by about $859 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find affordable insurance rates.
Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with advertising and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
To find affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from auto insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to compare rates consists of shopping online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote Mitsubishi Diamante insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding lower pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you need to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Mitsubishi Diamante insurance rates in Anchorage
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Diamante insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, homeowner, business and professional, bundle discounts, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, anti-theft, good student, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, anti-theft, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, multi-car, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and safety features.
If you are trying to find low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage. For a list of car insurance companies with the best Mitsubishi Diamante insurance discounts in Anchorage, click here.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mitsubishi Diamante in Anchorage, insurance is required by state law in Alaska and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Mitsubishi Diamante, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects your Mitsubishi and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Buying insurance from Anchorage auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
The following are agents in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes for Mitsubishi Diamante insurance in Anchorage.
Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
Picking an company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will they give you a referral list?