It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Anchorage is your goal, knowing how to shop and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
The preferred way to find more affordable Lincoln MKC insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
First, get an understanding of individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Anchorage seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are already insured, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. But Alaska consumers must learn the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Alaska. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Anchorage, AK, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Anchorage, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln MKC has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Lincoln MKC but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discount Anchorage car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Anchorage can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Telematics Discount – Anchorage drivers who agree to allow data collection to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on MKC insurance in Anchorage.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, multi-policy, air bags, military active duty, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multiple vehicles, safe driver, safe vehicle, group or association, mature driver, and paid in full.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, safety device, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim free, renters, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and multi-car.
If you want cheaper Anchorage car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Anchorage. To locate insurers who offer cheap Lincoln MKC insurance quotes in Alaska, click this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is there a local claims center in Anchorage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Anchorage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
When looking for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Anchorage are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Anchorage exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Roy Briley
1577 C St Ste 102 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 297-2900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly L. Snodgrass
9900 Old Seward Hwy #5 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 346-4006 – View Map
- Gary Annis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3330 C St #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1960 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you should always include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage willing to provide comparison quotes.
- The Wilson Agency
3000 A St #400 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-1616 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
- J C Morris Insurance Services
4011 Arctic Blvd #105 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 272-2524 – View Map
Persistence pays off
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
Some companies may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Anchorage can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
We covered a lot of techniques to save on Lincoln MKC insurance in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Anchorage car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)