Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable Audi Allroad insurance in Anchorage is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Anchorage is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Alaska.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for information to prevent high prices and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer insurance in Alaska. The simplest method to find the lowest Audi Allroad rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rate quotes online replaces the need to actually drive to all the different Anchorage insurance agencies. The ability to quote Audi Allroad insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide Anchorage Allroad insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Alaska. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Anchorage Allroad insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects your Audi and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Anchorage Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the things that factor into your prices.
- Which gender costs less? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. They both cause accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Costs can change based on your address – Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Lower auto insurance rates with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Avoid tickets and save – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Even a single ticket can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have received careless citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Save by staying claim free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Alaska generally give discounts to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Better credit means lower prices – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Audi Allroad by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Cheaper Anchorage auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Telematics Discount – Anchorage drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Alaska, click here to view.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Anchorage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Alaska?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is important especially in Anchorage.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Anchorage who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get comparison quotes.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you price quote information.
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How long has their agency been open in Anchorage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a local claims center in Anchorage?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.
Anchorage auto insurance companies
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are in Anchorage. The information displayed below can help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last thing to lower rates
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is less work than it seems.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Affordable Audi Allroad insurance in Anchorage can be sourced online in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)