Truthfully, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Anchorage is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Alaska. This can be done by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for information to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around are very likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Anchorage is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
How Insurance Providers Determine Volvo S90 Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Insurance rates for married couples – Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Cheaper car insurance rates using alarm systems – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft.
Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Alaska provide the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Miles driven impacts prices – The higher the miles on your Volvo in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance coverage is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated S90 may be wasting your money.
Teenagers are high risk – Teenage drivers in Alaska have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Cars with good safety ratings means better premiums – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Higher prices for specific employers – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like doctors, architects, and financial analysts have higher rates than the rest of us due to job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as professors, students and performers receive lower rates.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Some insurance companies will award better rates for people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Buy Anchorage Volvo S90 insurance online
When looking for affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Alaska. The simplest method to comparison shop consists of shopping online. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide Anchorage S90 insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Alaska. To locate cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect your Volvo vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Anchorage, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volvo for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Volvo and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Anchorage can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used S90 is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Alaska, click this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Anchorage auto insurance agent
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Anchorage that give free quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Anchorage are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Featured below are Anchorage independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
- The Wilson Agency
3000 A St #400 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-1616 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Randy Rhodes State Farm Insurance
5915 Lake Otis Pkwy Suite 2 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 644-7997 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stan Tebow
3701 E Tudor Rd Ste 105 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2645 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance – Justin Goodman
4200 Old Seward Hwy – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-7771 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Cheaper car insurance is out there
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for Volvo S90 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volvo S90 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More affordable car insurance in Anchorage can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)